Saturday, July 8, 2017

Blueberries, Magnolia Market, and 4th of July!

We've had so many adventures lately, it's been hard to keep up with blogging them all! (For the three of you who probably read this blog, hahahah.) But for the sake of y'all who still like blogs and don't get sick of my social media, this blog post of our adventures is for you!

First, blueberries. Oh my word. Blueberry picking was heaven. The weather was so perfectly foggy and cool, the spider webs scared the daylights out of me, and the blueberry picking was just so much fun!







A few weeks ago, I was able to travel with a church team to Commerce, Texas, to assist a church plant. Our church put on a VBS for them and basically canvassed the entire town with invites to church. It was really a fun experience.



We ran the Operation Arctic program at our own church two weeks prior to the trip to Commerce, so it was round 2 for many of us. 

I was blessed to be able to teach. It really fed me and encouraged me. I have missed teaching children so much and just the joy of working with children again really gave me fresh vigor for the ministry, if that makes sense. The children really responded well and I felt we had a good bond in our little class. Overall, there was just a lot of unity and oneness in our trip to Commerce. It really said a lot for the leadership and just the hearts of everyone who traveled from Chattanooga to Commerce. 


A part of our team visited a dairy museum, which was kind of cool. It definitely brought back a lot of memories of my (mostly) failed milking attempts and the reason I don't have goats. ;)


We had a day off on our trip, which a group of us spent going to Waco!!! I was able to meet fellow author Sarah Holman after many years of chatting over social media. It was so lovely just to get to actually meet and visit.





Visiting Magnolia Farms was just such a blessing--such a joy and dream come true. I was so impressed by the courteous staff and just the beautiful set-up. The little bakery was so cute! It was really cool. They give you these awesome little order sheets to fill out and hand in. 






I loved the Magnolia Seed Co! I actually bought some seeds (we'll see if I can grow anything!) and just had so much fun. 



It was such a blessing to journey to Waco with my friends! 






The food trucks. Oh, the food trucks. I could not believe how amazing they were!!! I was blown away by how delicious the food was!!!




After leaving the Silos, we were able to visit the Harp Design Co with Clint Harp, the woodworker who designs the tables and such for the Fixer Upper Show. 


It was really cool to see the shop and also one of the homes Chip and Joanna fixed-upped! 


On the way home, we were able to visit the Pyramid Bass Pro Shops!!! I have SO wanted to go there and we were able to. Riding to the top was just so awesome!


We returned home in time to celebrate Samuel's 24th birthday and the 4th at the same time! The show they put on at Coolidge Park was amazing. The Chattanooga Symphony Orchestra played, the fireworks were awesome, and I just loved it!


All I can say is how proud I am of my husband. He's an overcomer, an incredible ministry worker with such a heart for people, and the best husband any woman could ask for. I know every woman is proud of her man, but I feel like I really do have an exceptional treasure in my husband. He treats me like his princess. His heart for the homeless is something I really respect and admire. In a world where the homeless are looked down on or even equated with being some kind of terrible sinner because they don't have a home, he's such a gentle example of what it means to love people the way Jesus did. 

Feel free to wish him a happy birthday on this blog post!!!


Hope y'all had a marvelous Independence Day!!!

Share:

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMUEL. Sorry I didn't know it was your birthday. We will get back with you later. Love Gram in the Lord

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get fresh blueberries every year! This year, Georgia lost most of their blueberry crops, but we were still able to get a lot of blueberries! We had them running out of our ears lol I don't care for them unless they are dehydrated. That's the best way to eat them! And P.S. The love that you and your husband have is soooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.