Monday, June 12, 2017

Adventures in NM!

I'm really trying hard to get back into blogging. My life has been so crazy since I got married, moved (three times), and just have tried to settle into something of a normal life (which, really isn't very normal at all since we're in the ministry.) 

Samuel and I are trying to work out a system of accountability to I'll actually get authoring done. You know, blogging, marketing, and actually writing? We'll see how it goes. 

Anyhow... We're getting back into the swing of things after our quick trip to New Mexico!


Aren't the Sandia Mountains beautiful? I lived most of my life on the other side of those mountains. I was crying the whole time we flew away from them. 

The pics we got weren't the best, but hey. I figure we were just concentrating on enjoying the moment and not whether or not we got the best photos. 




There were lots of niece cuddles and funny faces with the siblings. 




Isn't Rachael a doll?! She always has the perfect, camera-read pose! I can't believe how much she has grown up since I saw her last. 

Two very special events happened while we were in town. One was the baptism of my youngest brother! He was baptized in the same church and by the same pastor I was about 20 years ago!




The other special event was my best friend's wedding! The marriage between her and Joe answered soooooooooo many prayers! I was an emotional wreck, just crying, and so happy, and so thankful to God. 





Okay, so Rebecca was like the prettiest bride ever! So radiant and just herself and so happy! 




The photos turned out amazing! Rebecca had the same photographer my sister Lydia did at her wedding, so I knew they'd be awesome -- and they were!!!

We had some adventures coming home. We had paid extra to be home in TN by Monday night, since Samuel had work on Tuesday. Hah. Yeah.

Well.... American Airlines had some kind of maintenance problem and we ended up waiting around in Albuquerque, getting an all-night lay-over in Dallas (which included a 1.5 hour wait for a shuttle that was supposed to take 20 minutes), crazy waits to find out what was going on and getting hotel/food vouchers, and a reroute that took us to Charlotte, NC before we were finally gotten to Chattanooga on Tuesday afternoon. 

Yeah. Still a little upset about all that. Pray with us that American will compensate us our extra fees and a missed day of work. Our lives are such an adventure. Something always happens. :)

What's new with you? Which is your favorite wedding photo? Share in the comments! 
Share:

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and think it's great! Keep it up. I am a mom of six. My two oldest got married within six months of each other and my third oldest left for college, all in the same year! It's been an eventful year, to say the least. But I am so blessed by the great marriages that my kids are developing and good choices they are making...I read your post about the Pearl books last night and really appreciate your input. Their teachings also affected our marriage and child rearing negatively and we are still trying to sort it all out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this place is really suitable for any size of gathering. By the way, they offer a day care room with lots of toys for children. The food at wedding venues Chicago is always delicious and the service is always great. Also the view is absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.