Monday, May 29, 2017

Adventures in Chattanooga and Chickamauga!

Hello, friends! 

As some of you know, I had a part time (two month) job with American Association of Christian Schools, which kept me pretty busy! However, summer goals include getting seriously back into the whole author thing. 

Oh. Yeah, that and blogging. 

Here are some pics of the last few crazy busy weeks. 

We *finally* got some Georgia peaches at our very own Chattanooga Market. (LOVE it.) Oh my word. These peaches are amazing. Everyone keeps saying they don't reach their peak until July, which is kind of scary, 'cause these are so good that I'm not sure I can handle the "good" ones!


Ah, me and my summer reading pile. So excited to have started Breathe in a Bible study with some new friends. I am loving it so far. And I have been saving The Magnolia Story for my plane trip to NM. So excited!



Speaking of books... We saw a family of Canada geese at LifeWay Christian stores. They were too cute. Kudos to them for raising their family right. 


Hubby fulfilled one of my bucket list dreams by buying me fresh cut, paper wrapped flowers from the Chattanooga Market. Aren't they lovely?!


The magnolias have been blooming, which has me swooning. I LOVE them so much!!! My life here in TN has been this strange combination of adjusting to and loving all the changes. I can't say I'm crazy about the bugs, humidity, allergies, and tornado watches, but I love the rain, the flowers, the green, the water, and the Southern accents. Which, apparently, I'm developing. 


We finally explored the Chickamauga and Chattanooga Battlefields, which was amazing! The Battle of Chickamauga was the second bloodiest battle in the Civil War. More people died in this battle than in the Revolutionary and 1812 wars *combined*. In the last photo (a field), one could walk across the *entire* field without touching the ground once due to the bodies. It's crazy that such vital battles happened right here in Chattanooga and Chickamauga.


Climbing Wilder Tower was so much fun! It was 136 steps, 85 feet high. My legs hurt, heehee! We even saw a white tail deer. I had no clue they are so tiny! Not much like our western mule deer.













So there's that. We had a great time, and I cannot wait to show my family this amazing place when they come out.

What all have y'all been up to? Hope you are having an amazing Memorial Day. I'm so thankful for the sacrifices our veterans made and do make for our safety. 

What is new for you? 



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.