Thursday, October 13, 2016

, ,

My Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Hey y'all!

I realize it's been a little while since I've been on the blog. And for good reason. I've been busy. Any of you been busy? (Bwahahahaha. Of course you have.) I have a whole lot of updates to make, but, first things first. 

Today I'm doing something a little different.

Ever heard of Ipsy?

Basically, it's a get makeup and/or beauty supplies in your mailbox once a month thing. It's customized to your specific desires, your hair and skin shades, etc. 

I am experimenting to see if doing the Glam Bag saves me money on makeup. I HATE it when I buy a product and find out that it didn't match my skin or color preferences as well as I thought it would. Additionally, a lot of even the cheap products cost $4-5 each. Since I'm only paying $10 a month for 5 products, I'm hoping it will save me money in the long run. I guess we'll see, won't we?

Here's what the company has to say about themselves:

Michelle Phan has inspired countless women around the world through her beauty video tutorials on YouTube. Every day, the question Michelle gets asked the most is: "What are the right products for me?"  
With infinite beauty product combinations in the marketplace, choosing the best items for your needs can be a challenge! That was why Michelle created ipsy. Michelle and her team of stylists have selected products they love, for you to try. 
Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month. 
So go ahead, take the beauty quiz, get your first Glam Bag, watch the videos, and create your own!

So. There you have it.

And today, I'm reviewing the items that came in my bag.


I really, really liked this product: Indi Beauty Buttercream Antioxidant Lip Scrub. My lips get pretty worn out with all the different lips colors I like to try. 

Oh, and kissing. I do a lot of that. Just saying. 

So this was perfect for me. Not only did it do the job by gently exfoliating away the dead skin, it moisturized and even tasted good! The perfect pre-lipstick treatment. 


And then there was Hot Mama blush. I must admit, I was a little disappointed by the size. However, the color and texture was perfect for my skin tones. 


I really liked the essence cosmetics waterproof eye liner pen. The tip was super durable and very stiff, which will take some getting used to for me. However, it was a great matte black, perfect for a sweeping cat eye. This was one of the better products for me. 



I was not so into this Lottie London eye shadow brush. Not that there was anything wrong with it - it's a good brush. I just already have several brushes. I updated my preferences to exclude brushes and makeup tools in the future. 

Ah. I love this! This Beaute Basics Satin Taupe Eye Shadow is perfect for my eye color and there is a lot of it! It will definitely last me a while. It has a nice sparkle, went on easily, and didn't crumble everywhere. 
And then... The bag itself. I am so not into the icky-ness of Halloween and am kind of annoyed by the fact that the bag was so heavily centered on evil. Additionally, the whole website (like other makeup websites) is really centering on Halloween right now. But, if they end up being as passionate about Thanksgiving and Christmas, I will not complain. I'm already looking forward to all of their Thanksgiving makeup tips next month!

So there you have my review.

Overall, I was pleased and am pretty sure I saved money. The eye liner, eye shadow, and exfoliate would have been anywhere from at least $5-8 each if I had bought them individually. So I'm satisfied.

I'll be reviewing my bags every month for as long as I do it to document the outcome. I hope you enjoyed today's review and are looking forward to next month's post as well!

Have you tried Ipsy? What are your thoughts? If you wish to sign up, you can do so HERE!
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.