Saturday, July 23, 2016

, ,

A Mother in the Making by Gabrielle Meyer

I had the pleasure of being on my author friend Gabrielle Meyer's street team for her Love Inspired novel A Mother in the Making, releasing in September!


Check out my review!


A Mother in the MakingA Mother in the Making by Gabrielle Meyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Appropriate for all ages. Best for 13+.

When I found out about the opportunity to jump on-board Gabrielle's street team for this book, I was thrilled. I was even more thrilled when the book arrived at my door. Yes, I did jump up and down. I was made even happier by the story itself.

When an aspiring actress shows up as his new governess, Dr. Orton doesn't know what to think. Miss Marjorie Maren is way too beautiful, fun loving, and, well...impractical. How could she possibly be a good governess to his children? And what is she hiding from her past?

Marjorie wants to make people happy with her life. Before she leaves to fulfill that goal as a movie actress, she is determined to leave the Orton family in good hands. Dr. Orton needs a good wife so his children can have a mother again. But what if she never finds the perfect woman? Time is running out...and her heart is getting way too drawn toward the Orton children...and their father.

With a touch of whimsy, overall sweetness, and the occasional similarity to The Sound of Music, A Mother in the Making is a fun, quick read. I enjoyed the story, loved the ending, and liked the two POVs. While I would have preferred a bit more character growth and historical details, that is not easy to achieve with a limited word count. The book was written in the style I've come to expect with Love Inspired books, and it was the perfect length for a quiet afternoon of reading.

Recommended for sweet romance and light historical-fiction fans.

View all my reviews


Why not add the book to your Goodreads to-read shelf? You'll be glad you did! 

What have you been reading this summer?
Share:

2 comments:

  1. I have been reading a lot this summer. I am part way through "To Birmingham Castle." It is great! I really like medieval historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! That was my very first book. I'm so glad you are enjoying it!

      Delete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.