Monday, January 4, 2016

Good Tidings We Bring

There's a reason Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. Here is a little glimpse into what made this year special.



Nothing spells Christmas like old black and white classics. From watching Roman Holiday at my grandparent's house to watching Holiday Inn with my family and fiance, the season was full of fun old movies. Audrey Hepburn is the very picture of grace and charm...and very little can compare to Bing Crosby crooning White Christmas

Working on wedding invites took a few days, but it was worth it. I am SO glad they are finally out!


We Three Kings, For Unto Us a Child is Born, I Heard the Bells of Christmas Day... Christmas carols always make my holiday season special. 


My Jacquie Lawson Advent Calendar was amazing! 25 days of fun, games, historical lessons, an interactive Victorian town, puzzles, and more! I will be doing it every year!

Acting in my church cantata as the fiesty old lady shopper Willa, building a gingerbread cabin, being snowed in and experiencing a winter storm of historic proportions, enjoying Christmas Day with another sweet family, and opening presents on New Years Day made for a very enjoyable holiday season. 

New Years Eve was fun! Lydia and Nick came over to spend the night, and we watched War Room! (I highly recommend it!) 



 

I also had fun making a family grocery/bulletin board! $4 to make. :)





Yeah, Samuel and I kind of took a lot of selfies... ;) We had to start the New Year right with coffee and pics. 


Opening gifts was fun! Don't ask what Nick was doing... Or why Sarah looks so pensive.



Nathan and Isaac. Dat face though...


My hunkules absoluticus... (Latin for absolute hunk and super strong.) 


Guess who bought Samuel and me the king-sized mattress of my dreams for an early wedding present?! 


And below is a summary-in-pics of 2015!


2015 was wonderful! I am so excited that it is 2016! 

How was your holiday season?

Share:

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Believe it or not a friend and I spent our New Years Eve watching War Room! It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely nothing like old classics!! Oh, we had the Jacquie Lawson Advent calendar as well. So much fun :) New Years eve my sister and I went with a friend to Costa and treated ourselves. I was the only one to get a mocha though :))

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.