Monday, June 15, 2015

I'm Alive...

I am just popping in for a brief moment to assure my dear friends and readers that I am alive. Well, barely. Truth be told, I lost my voice and am pretty sick. But that is besides the point...

Rocky Mountain Teen Camp was amazing. I had a blast getting to fellowship with the girls of Gospel Light and New Heights Baptist Churches and enjoyed the preaching immensely. Lives were changed were Christ, I got good and sun-burnt, and playing the piano for 100+ yelling teens while they sang was so much fun. Oh, and painting the soccer field with the amazing assistant director of Apache Creek was fun too. ;)


I got back Friday night after a four hour drive. It was made with the best company in the world, though. (Samuel and his sister Abigail.) What would I do without Samuel? Besides buying me coffee on the way and stopping to get the new Bible he bought me inscribed, he kept me laughing. He cracks me up with how he always fixes his mirror so he can watch me and does things like swerve the car when I am drifting off to sleep....


Saturday was Lydia's bridal shower. What a beautiful time. Nick showed up during present time with - guess what?! - a new car for Lydia. It was definitely an exciting addition to a lovely bridal shower. 

Samuel took over my Sunday School class yesterday... Thank the Lord for such an excellent substitute teacher. If I have to lose my voice and be down with fever, at least I am blessed in having such amazing help. Now I am off to take a nap and try to recover. Junior/Teen camp starts one week from today, and it will be another busy week in the dorms and overseeing activities. 

What did you do this past week?

Share:

8 comments:

  1. Ahh! Alicia!! I'll be praying you get better!!

    I did a lot of writing, running my brother's and my piano tuning business, and I started a blog!! :) It was a pretty busy week, but I enjoyed it so much! Glad you had an amazing time, too, Alicia! :)

    Get better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate that. :)

      How fun is that!? Sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing. Have a marvelous week in the Lord!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a blessed time! My family and I had a lovely Sunday yesterday (with a children's activities and ice cream fellowship after evening service) and a nice birthday celebration for my sister on Saturday. Hope you recover quickly! Honey is really good to soothe a throat, and tea...but I know coffee is your thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, how fun! :) I'm on my fourth cup of tea and honey... :) But, yes, I did have coffee too! ;)

      Delete
  3. I love these little notes, Alicia! And that bit about Samuel fixing the mirror just right...so funny! He sounds just perfect for you.

    Stay rested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is hilarious. ;) Maybe I should start praying we avoid car accidents... Thank you - I am trying! Hope you are doing well. I have not seen you as much on FB lately. :/

      Delete
  4. Oh, my! What did I do this week? Well, it's the week for our church's annual camp meeting, during which I am helping in the Primary department on both Saturdays, and this Wednesday too. Then there are a couple prison ministry meetings to attend at the camp meeting. After lots of prayer, worries, and last minute intensity, I finalized my third book and got it out on the market (YAY!), so I can finally relax and wait for my copies to arrive--hopefully in time for the last day of my book signing at camp meeting. Oh, and my dog came into heat (unexpectedly early) this week too, so I've been scrambling to find a breeder and take her down there before she's past her prime. On top of all that, I have my summer college classes to work on and my fall semester to plan for. But, through it all, God has been so good to me! School is going wonderful! I found a breeder who was willing to take my female on last minute. And then I was able to order copies of my new book, "Cheeper," and have them shipped to me before Friday--rather miraculously! I went on to order more copies later that same day, and the shipping dates had changed to a whole week later!! At least I will have those first copies I ordered in time for the last day of my book signing! God is so good! ~Sarah www.sarahellenbrown.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! You have been so busy! Congrats on your book - that is so wonderful. And puppies will be fun.... :)

      Delete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.