Monday, April 6, 2015

, , , , , , ,

What to Expect...

It has come to my attention that....

Many of you are new followers. Fans. Friends. Readers.

And maybe you don't know what to expect when you are perusing my titles. Which of my books is right for you? Of course, you can always read reviews HERE and base your decision off of what others have said. But here's my spill too!


To Birmingham Castle: A Tale of Friendship and Adventure

My debut novel, this book is the first in The Comrades of Honor Series. Chock full of adventure, medieval battles, and a bit of romance, this book will always have a special place in my heart for being my first. 

Written classically. Most readers have said it reminds them of a Henty. Best for teens and adults.


In Search of Adventure: A Tale of Courage and Devotion

Second in my medieval series, this book was a finalist in the 2013 LifeWay Manuscript Content. It is probably my favorite of the series. A knight and squire who are close friends, a sweet romance, and tons of peril... Yeah. And I loved Kenneth's boyhood.

Written classically. Best for teens and adults.




Rising to the Challenge: A Tale of Perseverance and Adventure

NEW RELEASE!

Released this year, this is the final book in my medieval series. It was definitely a challenge to write! Some readers say it's the best of the series. I'm not sure if this is because of the complicated romance, the volatile dangers, the many battles, the rebellious squire, or what. Deep down, I have a hunch that the guys love the peril and the gals love Sir Kenneth.

Written classically. Best for teens and adults.


Remembering the Alamo

This book was not only my first attempt at writing both a modern story and two stories in one, but it was my fastest book. I wrote, edited, and published it in 4 months. Another fun fact is that the guy on the cover (and the protagonist of the historical story) is my adopted cousin Silas. If you are looking for a faster read with the fun antics of a modern youth group and the truth about the Alamo...you'll enjoy this one.

Written by modern standards. Best for teens and adults.


God of Her Fathers

This is a super short novella. I admit - it's very simple, very short. I think all of the sweet reviews have been thanks to God and the fact that we all need a change of pace. Sometimes it's nice to have an easy, quick read with a sweet story. I don't pretend to think that there is anything profound about this work. 

Written classically. Best for younger girls and teens.


From the Dark to the Dawn: A Tale of Ancient Rome

This book is a stand-alone, a finalist in the 2014 LifeWay Manuscript Contest. It was written in one of the toughest times of my life and is my heart's cry. The Lord spoke to me more through this book than any of the others, teaching me more lessons than I can pen here. My relationship with Him grew so much as I wrote this. If I am allowed to have a "favorite child" among my books, this is it. 

A British slave. A Roman master. Persecution, Christians, Nero, romance, slavery, the Praetorian Guard, the illegal early Church. Forgiveness, mercy, the Gospel. Yes, this book is my favorite. 

Praise God, thousands of copies have been downloaded and sold. God is so good. I dedicate all of my books to Him, but I especially gave this one to Him. It's His for His glory! 

Written by modern standards. 13+. Best for older teens and adults.

There you go! You now have some random ramblings about what I think of my titles. Which is your favorite? Which do you wish to read?

Share:

8 comments:

  1. Which is my favorite...that is so easy! From the Dark to the Dawn! Seriously, besides the Bible, it's my all time favorite!
    I need to start reading your medieval series, I have read your two other works. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like it! Praise God. I hope you will like the medieval series. The first two are going out of print before too long, so....

      Delete
  2. Of all your books I've read Remembering the Alamo when you had it free on kindle. I really, really enjoyed that, as did my younger sister. I hope I will be able to read the others when I get the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading through The Comrades of Honor Series right now. My brother got the whole series for his birthday and I kinda stole it ;) I have really been enjoying them. Also I don't have it yet but I have heard so much about "From the Dark to the Dawn" that I am getting it and soon :) That is one of my favorite times in history so I am really looking forwards to reading it in the near future. I can't say what my favorite is yet since I have only read one of your books :) but I have really loved it so far :) Keep the books coming ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I am so glad you are enjoying it! :) That means so much. I hope you enjoy "From the Dark to the Dawn". Lord willing, I'll keep writing! :)

      Delete
  4. Having read a few of your books, my favorite is From the Dark to the Dawn. It's your best by a mile! Write more God-glorifying, encouraging, gripping novels!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.