Wednesday, March 25, 2015

,

His Father's Command - Cover Reveal!


Today is a very special day for a budding young author! I'm proud to participate in Justus A. Platt's cover reveal for His Father's Command
___________________________________________

Sir Arthur Gifford wants nothing more than to honor his beloved father by serving him as his helper on his Middle Eastern lands. But, one unexpected day, he is awakened to witness his father’s tragic death. In a plunge of life-changes, he is coroneted over the small, much-threatened lands.

Meanwhile, Sir Arthur’s young squire Rufus struggles with his duties. He dreams of great knightly acts, but fears on the battlefield burdens him with the dishonorable brand of a coward. His impetuous nature lands him into many grave troubles - some far beyond his strength to overcome.

In the midst of the unrest, a wanted Lollard priest takes shelter in Giffordshire. His message to Sir Arthur is shocking - he cannot honor his dead father without the help of God. Is it true? And will Sir Arthur turn him over to the torturers as a heretic?

Journey with Sir Arthur and Rufus on a quest of betrayal, assassins, Bedouin attacks, and the all-fierce Mongol leader - Timur the Lame. Will they be forced into the bloody Battle of Ankara? Will Sir Arthur recognize duty for what it truly is? Will Rufus overcome his fear?

 Find out in the debut historical-fiction novel of Justus A. Platt. 
_______________________________________________________

You can read my review HERE. And please give Justus a follow on his Google+ page to keep updated with all of exciting details for his book's release. 
Share:

15 comments:

  1. Do you know where I can find this? I've looked on Amazon and stuff, but it doesn't even come up as a series…:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by. This is a brand-new series and the first installment does not release until June 1, 2015. Today is just the cover reveal. :) I should have clarified. Thank you for your interest.

      Delete
    2. Ah, okay! Thanks, I'll be looking forward to it!

      Delete
    3. Yes, the official release date is June 1st. You can follow updates on the book's progress by following me on Google+ or my blog (www.thebookadventurersreviews.blogspot.com). Thanks for your inquires.

      Delete
  2. It is a very good novel! I'm so excited to see the cover that I gasped when I saw what your post was about! :) Thanks for sharing. Yay for Justus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you are helping him out, Kelsey! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Kelsey for your work! I can't wait to read your review!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I seriously like that cover- not entirely sure of the armour is of the right period, but I guess one has to be careful about copyrighted images. Another Medieval novel for this year- I am so not going to be able to read them all.......
    Set in the 1400s isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. It is extremely difficult to find perfectly accurate stock imagery. It's near impossible. I know for me (and others), we just had to do the best we could!

      Late 1300-1400s, roughly. It's set in the fashion of Haggard's "The Brethren" and Henty's works. Very, very classical.

      Delete
    2. Not read either, I fear- but there is something to be said for the 'classical' style...

      Delete
    3. Yes, the time setting is 1398-1402. The story features the historical battle of Ankara, as well as other historical incidents. Thanks for your inquiries!

      Delete
  4. I finally saw the Kindle Book up on Amazon a few days ago as a pre-order. It released today in the UK. As the price is reasonable, I may well be purchasing it tommorow, as well as maybe Alicia's third Comrades of Honor book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it His Father's Command. It is in the style of Haggard, who was knighted for his writing skills in your country. But I realize not everyone like's Haggard's style.

      Oh, I hope you like Rising to the Challenge! It was a fun book to write. I used some of your medieval historical opinions on it.

      Delete
    2. Oh heaven help you- and your poor readers! I have never read anuthing by Mr Haggard- but I think I am getting to like the classical style more now- and I think I find the old-fashioned type speech quite endearing really.

      Delete
    3. Heehee! No, I value input and try to take many perspectives into consideration when I write.

      I am glad - I really feel that readers and authors alike lost something special when we converted from the classical style to an easier-to-read, but more shallow modern style. I don't write all of my books classically, but I do love the old-fashioned dialogue!

      Delete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.