Monday, September 22, 2014

, , ,

I'm Still Alive...

       I'm still alive.

    Obviously, if you follow me on Google+ or Facebook, you know I'm still very much alive. But I know this poor blog has suffered from inattention. Some of you have made that known to me in very clear terms.... ;)

    At any rate, my attention has been very much focused on other things. I'll give you a glimpse into all that has happened in the last two weeks.

    Starting with happy things... My awesome boyfriend (for lack of a more conservative term) Samuel and I decided to announce that we are pursuing a serious relationship. If you follow this blog, that is not much of a surprise, I'm sure. :) You may recall some of the photos below from previous posts. We're very grateful to God for His blessings and are eager to continue following His leading.

    Now, with the not so happy news... My dearly-loved, adopted-aunt has been battling stage 4 cancer for several months. Please keep her and her family in prayer. Aunt Lydia and Uncle Bob have eight beautiful children under 21, all of whom are my very dear friends. They are asking prayer for peace. I love my aunt dearly and seeing her suffer has been very difficult. 

    Besides my usual church, home, and teaching work, I'm still busy with writing, learning ASL and Spanish, and trying to manage things like this blog. My work-in-progress is coming along slowly, but surely. I'm 80,000 words into my expected 120,000 words. I'd appreciate your prayers as I try to finish the book within the next few months. I was overwhelmed by how quickly everyone jumped on board my beta reading team. Thanks for your support, everyone!

My friends Joellen and David got married last Saturday! Our family traveled up to Missouri for the wedding. Lydia, Sarah, and I were musicians, which was fun. 



Aren't they the cutest couple ever?!

Since we were an hour from Branson, our family decided to go see Jonah at Sight and Sound Theaters! It was such an incredible blessing. If you ever get a chance to go, definitely do it!




    Unfortunately, photography is not allowed of the actual performance. But I can tell you that it was amazing! The larger-than-life whale that "floats" over the audience, the amazing storm effects of fog and lightning, the under-water scenes, the city of Ninevah - it was all so incredible. I was so blessed to have seen it. 

    One of the things that touched me most was that God never gives up on mankind. The Ninevites were some of the most wicked people the world has ever known. Yet God showed them mercy. His love and forgiveness is for anyone who will receive it - no matter what terrible things he or she has in their past. 

While in Missouri, we also visited the Butterfly Palace!





The butterflies were beautiful! If you want to see the full album of photographs, head over to Google+ or Facebook. Trust me, I took plenty of them! :)

We also visited the Bass Pro Headquarters. The place was huge! I loved it (couldn't afford anything, but still loved it!). 









Truth be told, I'm not sure how good of fisherpeople any of us are...



Hahah, Lydia!

We split up the ride home from Missouri and stayed in Oklahoma City overnight. We took a quick break from driving to visit the Myriad Botanical Gardens again (we had a pass, yay!).










Yeah, Hannah and I are missing. Still one big family, huh?

And, last but not least, we had dinner Pops Old 66 Diner. They had over 600 soda flavors. I'm not really a soda person, but I did end up getting a green apple and coffee flavored soda. They had some pretty crazy flavors too, such as swamp, peanut butter, ranch dressing, corn, and cucumber. 



We had a lovely trip. Still, it was great to get back! Nothing like being in your own cozy bed again... ;)

I'll leave you with a verse that I've been thinking on lately. 

"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young." - Isaiah 40:11

How was your week?
Share:

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all your good news! So sorry to hear about your Aunt. Will pray for her and your family.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog for Sarah Sundin's interview. It's good to meet you. Have a good rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, both for the congrats and the prayers.

      Absolutely! Sarah Sundin is an inspiration. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great post with great images! Your family sounds amazing and you're really pretty! Congrats with your boyfriend, but I'm sorry about your Aunt. I really hope she will be okay.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's pretty amazing. :) My aunt passed away on Monday. Prayers are appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.