Monday, July 28, 2014

Our Time Southwest Youth Rally

I had another busy, busy week! Between writing, book marketing, home duties, and church activities, I feel like I'm being pulled in a million directions! :) But it is good to be busy.

Wednesday-Friday was the annual Our Time Southwest Youth Rally at Gospel Light Baptist Church. I was saved and baptized in that church, so I have many friends there. Mom and I rode on the bus with Pastor Dan and the youth group.


It was Clayton's bday, so he sweetly brought treats for whole bus.



Chloe, Sierra, and Sarah!


Cupcake twins...





Nick and Sophie enjoyed their treats!


Stephen and Nick had too much fun...



GLBC provided pizza. It was wonderful. I don't think I can ever get tired of pizza!


Birthday boy!


Nathan and a new buddy.


Our group had some fun with members of Valley Bible Baptist's youth group. (As you may remember, I stayed with Pastor McMath and his family for a visit last September.) 






Brother Mark led a wonderful choir special!


We had the coolest youth pastor. :)




"Crowd surfing"! 




Brother Lenentine brought an excellent message! He was the pastor who baptized me as a little girl.


I didn't go to Cliff's Amusement Park on Thursday (had to teach piano), but Lydia went as a counselor. I know she had a blast! I am not into coasters and stuff, but she is. So it was just as well she went! :)

Friday was equally great. No pics, but Pastor Joseph Brown brought a wonderful message to us youth leaders on being consistent with our standards and giving no provision to the flesh in the way of our entertainment, media, etc. It was so good! 

It was wonderful to see so many teenagers getting things right and surrendering to God. I am excited to see what God is going to do with the next generation of America and His church.

How do you serve in your church? What did you do last week? Keep me updated! :)
Share:

4 comments:

  1. The Youth Rally sure was awesome!! You got some great pictures, Alicia. :)
    Thursday was SOOO fun with going to Cliff's and the preaching was amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a really nice time. It is a blessing that you have a church like that you can serve in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an incredible blessing. We are able to do so much. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.