Tuesday, July 22, 2014

, ,

Jemez Adventure

Yes, I know I've been neglecting this poor little blog. A lot has been going on! And my camera has been broke, which means two weeks went by without me recording my life. ;) But I am making up for it today with a ton of photos!

On Thursday, we headed out for our annual (well, normally!) family camping trip.  


Lord willing, Lydia is getting married next summer. So this was probably our last all-of-a-kind-family excursion! That merits a selfie, correct? 


Pre-departure photos...


Here is our secret get-away in the Jemez Mountains.





Gathering wood before the rain...


Mom heated our breakfast burrito mix up over our Coleman stove.



Hot chocolate.... 


Sisters...


We went to Jemez Falls on Friday. Here in New Mexico, we pretty much do anything just to see water!





I took the opportunity of taking some family photos while everyone was still half-way sanitary. By the way, we do real camping - no electricity, cell phone service, running water, bathrooms, showers, or anything.



I love this photo of Samuel. He is such a serious guy.


Yes, that is the edge of the water fall.


Stephen. :)


Lydia braved walking a fallen log...about two feet off the ground. She braved the treacherous, raging currents too. ;)


I'm not sure what either brother was thinking...


We headed over to the Las Conchas Trailhead on the East Fork next.





So there used to be water under that bridge. After all the fires, the water has changed course a bit.


I had fun "shooting" this butterfly. 


Good-looking siblings!




The boys got adventurous here!



Yep. My brother. He's 17, single, 5.11 (and growing), totally built, and saving for his first car. He sings in the church choir, reads the missionary letters to the church, and attends Faith Bible Institute. Just saying.


On Saturday, we hiked behind our camp into what Dad calls "the rock garden". It was treacherous. We made our own trail, zigzagging up the mountain. 



I doubt you can see it, but that little speck of blue is our camp.


Little celebrity Isaac found his way into a rock shelter.



Mom, Stephen, and Hannah found another rock shelter.


So did this mamma bird!




I have the craziest sisters. :)


Yep. That's Lydia!



Getting down was slightly problematic. I think most of the girls slid their way down. I chose my own path. 



Back to camp!


Next, we visited the Gilman Tunnels.


Yes, I wore that hat, sunglasses, and coat for four days straight. What you can't see can't hurt you. ;)







We named him Geicko.


On Sunday, we took a hike behind our campsite. There are our friends, the cows.


That guy with so many expressions keeps showing up.... ;)



Somebody had the brilliant idea (I won't say who) to do a photo shoot with Sarah's hat.




Nice cowboy look...



Treacherous branch the boys found... It was like a seesaw. 



Yep. My brother.


We got home on Sunday afternoon, after a close call with a semi and such adventures. :)

How was your weekend?
Share:

3 comments:

  1. We sure did have fun! ;) You took some awesome pictures, Alicia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went on a canoe trip!!! It was pretty awesome :D How many siblings do you have?

    thanks for sharing the pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I'd love to do that. I am the oldest of eight. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.