Monday, May 12, 2014

, , , , , ,

Much Ado

I hope you had a lovely weekend. And I also hope you are eager for tons of photos! I had a very, very busy week. 


Yes, a good chunk of my week looked like the above. Editing and proofreading like mad! From the Dark to the Dawn is coming right along, but July 18th will be here none too soon for me!

We celebrated our adopted cousin Jonathan's 18th birthday on Friday. It was very fun, as always!



Lydia, Kelsey, and I decided to update photos together, since we haven't done a group shot in quite a while!



Oh, Joshua was at work. So we took a picture of us holding a picture of him. So he was kind of there!





Yes, it took a while to get that shot!



Cousins, cousins.... :)




I was practicing my photography in all of the above... Lovely ladies, don't you think?


When we came to the sad realization that we had not done any selfies together, we decided to do some!


Photobomb!





Methinks Jonathan really liked the special car cake Lydia made for him. I couldn't tell, but it looks a bit like a Nazi racer, doesn't it? :)



Nugget!



It was a lovely day. We played some volleyball too (the Mesa Mochiattos and Desert Sand Spartans are at it again!) and I am delightfully sore and bruised.

On Saturday, we celebrated Stephen and Isaac's birthdays and Mother's Day for Mom and Grandma. 





My Grandpa bought me a delightful Jim Bowie knife!!! It is around 25 years old, is an amazingly well-crafted replica, and is heavy. And I know how to use it. Your fun fact for today is that it was originally called the Arkansas Toothpick back in the 1800s. (Of course, if you read Remembering the Alamo, you know that already!)


Oh, yes. It's sharp. Don't even think of messing with me, people! ;)


All I need. The Bible. A weapon. And coffee.


Birthday Boy!



Birthday Boy #2!



The many expressions of Stephen....







Disclaimer: it's sparkling cider, people. ;)


Grandma and her special Mother's Day basket.






Oh, did I mention we have baby bunnies? :)




And we had Mother's Day!

Hope all you Mom's had a fabulous Mother's Day! How was your weekend? 
Share:

4 comments:

  1. NICE knife!! Funny I don't remember reading the alternate name in your book? May have to read it again. :)

    Is Jonathan really your adopted into your family or is that just figurative (as in a family friend and as good as adopted)?

    We had a great weekend, got to go hiking at Seneca Rocks in WV (photos on my photo blog) with a friend from church and my siblings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like it. :)

      The Hoppman and Blodgett families are our adopted cousins. We don't really have cousins of our own, so we "adopted" them as cousins a few years back.

      I saw that - I need to read your post! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for a fellow Toshiba user, lol! Looks like you had a great weekend. And lucky you- such adorable little bunnies (and chicks I saw on G+)!

    The past week has been dragging by, lots of studying and finals. On mother's day, the littlest one in the family came down sick with an ongoing fever/stomach flu for 2 days and she's still recovering today...so please keep her in your prayers. But otherwise we are blessed- we had a nice mother's day breakfast, flowers and great weather.

    Happy birthday to the birthday boys!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! We PC/Toshiba people need to stick together!

      Yikes, I hope she gets better. So many people, including us, have had it! Glad you had a nice Mother's Day!

      Delete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.