Monday, May 26, 2014

, ,

Happy Memorial Day + Kindle Countdown!

Happy Memorial Day! I wish you and yours the best of holidays! I am so grateful for the sacrifices our brave men and women in uniform make so we can be free.


"You see, boys forget what their country means by just reading The Land of the Free in history books. Then they get to be men they forget even more. Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books, Miss Saunders. Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't, I can, and my children will. Boys ought to grow up remembering that."
-Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

He couldn't have said it better. Freedom and the rights we have as Americans are not to be taken lightly. Down through the ages, men and women fought and died for the things we have today. 

One of my favorite movie conversations ever goes like this:
___________________________

Major Buxton: York, What do you suppose Boone was looking for when he went out into the wilderness?
Alvin: Well, I never thought much on it.
Major Buxton: Was he looking for new lands?
Alvin: Might be.
Major Buxton: Maybe, maybe for something more, something that a man just can't see with his eyes, or hold in his hands. Something that some men don't even know they have until they've lost it.
Alvin: Yes, sir?
Major Buxton: To be free. Now that's quite a word, "Freedom" — I think that's what he wanted. I think that's what sent Boone into your Tennessee country.
Alvin: That… that what this here book's about?
Major Buxton: Yep. That's the story of a whole people's struggle for freedom, from the very beginning until now — for we're still struggling. It's quite a story York, how they all got together and set up a government, whereby all men were pledged to defend the rights of each man, and each man to defend the the rights of all men. We call that a government of the people, by the people, and for the people
____________________________

 Freedom is something we sometimes don't even know 
we have until we've lost it.

I am so grateful to be a citizen of a country that was founded on the Bible. America was founded on the principles of faith, freedom, and In-God-We-Trust. Let's honor that today - by saluting our flag and all she stands for, by singing our national anthem with pride, and by praying for our nation. Let's remember our fallen heroes.




Not to take away from the meaning of today, but I am doing a Kindle Countdown for both Remembering the Alamo and God of Her Fathers in honor of Memorial Day. Get them for $.99 today and at a discounted price until Friday! 


Happy Memorial Day!
Share:

6 comments:

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.