Monday, April 28, 2014

, , , ,

Convention and Graduation 2014

Last week was our annual CAPE Homeschool Convention and Graduation! 


I teamed up with authors Sarah Elizabeth, Jeanne Drennan, and Debbie Bonzon to sell books! Looks great, doesn't it?

I have so much to thank God for. I sold out of books! (Well, except for one and a friend wants that one anyway.) But, beside the thrill of selling out two years in a row, I was even more blessed by all of the writers who were excited to meet me and said they came away encouraged from seeing how the Lord has led me. Several people desire to start my writing mentorship program as well, which thrills me.


Such lovely ladies!

 I was in costume, per the advice of some fellow authors and marketing experts. It was fun, albeit, a little warm. I'm grateful to be in the modern age and not have to wear a medieval dress every day! For all of you fellow historical-fiction authors, I do recommend the outfit. It obtains a good bit of publicity and helps you stand out from the crowd. 



Praise God, my workshop on publishing seemed to go well! The room holds around 50 people and it was full! (Yes, I was a nervous wreck! So grateful for the support of my family and friends. My cousin Jeremiah even introduced me, which was a blessing.) So many writers thanked me and said the workshop was a huge help. One lady said she learned more in one session than she ever had before. So exciting! God has plans for other budding writers!


It was hilarious - Dad won the Kindle Fire giveaway hosted by Debbie Bonzon! I'm really happy he did. He's been working the convention for 13 years and deserves something nice for all his work. Maybe Mom will learn how to use it too!



Here's Dad and a member of his team. Dad is in charge of workshops. It's a ton of work - I am grateful he has a good team of young helpers.


A random photo. Daniel, Jeremiah, and my brother Nathan. Nice group of young guys trying to serve the Lord. It will be wonderful to look back in a few years and see where God has led them.


I didn't get photos of the CAPE Showcase, unfortunately. Nevertheless, Lydia, Sarah, and the Hymns For Him Group performed beautifully! I was thrilled to see them perform for God's glory. It's not easy getting up in front of around 1,000 people!



The graduation was PACKED. I think the Legacy Sanctuary holds around 3,000, and I sure didn't see many empty seats!







I think there was maybe around 80+ graduates? Not as big as some years, but still plenty big enough! I didn't capture photos of everyone I am acquainted with, but here are a few!


Yep, Mark Hamby is a great speaker! Loved his testimonies of people getting saved!




Congratulations to Daniel Blodgett, Jonathan Hoppman, John Mohr, Anna Hamrick, and the dozens of other graduates who I have met or have watched grow up. May God bless you in the years to come!


Isaac enjoyed watching the photos...


We celebrated with the cousins after the graduation by going to Dions. My second day of Dions in a row, but hey - who doesn't like pizza? 


Having fun!


Despite the horrible wind and dust, we got this beautiful rainbow. A perfect end to the CAPE 2014 Convention!

We had our usual two choir practices, Sunday School (I started teaching!), church, nursing home ministry, and more church on Sunday. It's been a busy week. How about yours?
Share:

12 comments:

  1. Nice summary of the convention, Alicia! I was so tired afterwards but it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that everything went smoothly, Alicia! The Lord is so good and very worthy to be praised! So happy for you that you sold out, what an awesome feeling that must be! And so glad your work shop went well.

    Have a great day!

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I am very happy about it. :) God is good!

      Delete
  3. The Convention was a lot of fun this year, except for me being kinda sick and VERY nervous about showcase! :P You did a good summary of it Alicia, and I loved your talk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Alicia! That looked like an exciting day. I should send you my books to sell at conventions- looks like you have the charisma to make people buy stuff, lol! ;)
    Praise the Lord for the success in sessions and book selling! Congrats to the graduates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I don't know about charisma. It was just God's grace, methinks! Or maybe it's because I hate marketing so much that I force myself to go over and above... ;)

      Delete
  5. Yay! I'm so glad everything went so well! What a blessing! Did you record your talk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, CAPE recorded and sold MP3s of the workshops.

      Delete
  6. It looks like an amazing event. It is so wonderful to see how God is working in the lives of others.

    Congratulations on selling all of your books! That must be an amazing feeling. (And I will keep in mind your tip about dressing up! I love your dress by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great time. Exhausting, but awesome. Thank you - it is. And thanks again - my dear author friend Sarah Elizabeth made it for me. She even altered it to make it historical.

      Delete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.