Monday, March 24, 2014

,

What Period Dramas Taught Me

I fear I have little to report from my week this time around! I have been busy with home life and church, mostly. Cooking, cleaning, homeschooling, church services, and book marketing pretty much sums up the last few days. Plus, I got pretty sick (still have a touch of whatever it was). So I figure I'll just do a post that'll make you smile!

Period dramas taught me a lot. Is it just me or did any of you learn these life-altering facts?

Wives and Daughters

Win a girl's heart by sending her a wasps's nest. Works every time.


Want to call someone silly, but don't know how to put it?


Cranford

Decorum must be observed at all times. Period.


Never trust a young doctor with a red coat.


Do Not Keep Calm! Lace is at stake!


If you sing The Bonnie Banks o' Loch Lomond enough times, your true love will come. I think I need to learn it...


Emma

Men don't like girls who argue! Although, apparently, Knightley didn't think so. So do we argue or not argue? That is the question.


Men of sense do not want silly wives. Thank you for informing us, Knightley.


While you are proving to Knightley that you are rather silly and do argue a lot, don't kill his dogs. Or at least try not to.


Sense and Sensibility

If you can't have the man you think you want, go stand in the rain until you get sick. It will bring the right man along. He'll miraculously show up and carry you home.


Anything you've learned? What is your favorite period drama?
Share:

15 comments:

  1. Hahahaah!! Those are hilarious! The wasps nest was the best, though... I just love the look the sisters give each other while Molly's looking at it.. lol!!!! So I guess it was common for guys to do that... or else back then, women knew that men show their romanticism in different ways than women do.. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think men still do show their affection in sometimes strange ways! :)

      Delete
  2. I love this! I may have to do a post like this sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!!! :D I've seen all those movies and loved them all!! I loved the wasp nest, the "I'm not saying she's silly, just that one of us was silly and it wasn't me!" and the lace. :D Oh that lace!!! So funny! (Except what they did to the poor cat...) And I've always thought it so funny when Knightly said, "Men of sense don't want silly wives!!" Then he married the silliest of all women! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That lace was hilarious!!!! I laughed very hard. I rather like Knightly myself. Don't give me Darcy - I'll take Knightly any day! Or at least the BBC version...

      Delete
    2. Oh I've always preferred Knightly to Darcy!! :D

      Delete
  4. Very funny!! I've actually seen all these period dramas except Wives and Daughters. We just finished watching Cranford and Return to Cranford yesterday night. :) Our family is always looking for good clean stuff to watch, I'll have to look into Wives and Daughters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wives and Daughters is pretty good. More dramatic than the others, I'd say, but still interesting.

      Delete
  5. Lovin' it Alicia! You are always awesome with the things you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha- I like the stand in the rain and be carried home one. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! One of my favorite period dramas is North and South. I also LOVE Pride and Prejudice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard some great things about North and South! And I've also heard Bleak House is pretty good. :)

      Delete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.