Monday, February 10, 2014

, , ,

Mission's Conference

What do you know? I didn't think I was going to get a blog post up this week due to my intense work load with my novella deadline looming around the corner, but the Lord graciously allowed me a little extra time last night to upload some photos of our 2014 Mission's Conference with BIMI President David Snyder.


I somehow forgot my camera three out of five days of the conference. So no photos of some of the days or Saturday at the missionary luncheon. 

Satan, as always, was working overtime to hinder our conference. Something comes up every single year, both at the church and in our family (including tragedies). This year (as has happened so many years), it happened to be bad sickness for our family. Some of the kids got the swine flue and two members of our family ended up going on antibiotics. The electricity went out at church (nowhere else in Edgewood, just at church), leaving our missionaries to a cold church and a candle-light dinner. 
Thankfully, God answered prayer and the electricity came on right before services! And He graciously allowed me not to get super sick (I did get a touch of the flue). I had countless commitments and tasks to fulfill at church (including most of the music), so I am very, very grateful for the strength I was given.


As usual, Brother Snyder did an awesome job! This year marked his tenth year in a row of coming down to FBC of Edgewood! 

I'll have you know that he was the one who first introduced me to the Starbuck's Americano. And, after pleasantries, the first thing he wanted to know this year was if I had been drinking my Starbuck's coffee lately. ;) I see my reputation has spread to BIMI....


He preached in his customary fashion, doing a three-day message. This year, it was in the book of Jonah. I gleaned so many new perspectives! Have you ever stopped to wonder if anyone saw Jonah getting spit out of the whale onto the shore? And what he looked like? And, ahem, smelled like? 



Lots of good fellowship, as always!


OK. Our president-to-be Reagan John Murdoch, making his best political expression. ;)



A new arrival graced FBC the Monday before the conference! Congrats to our youth pastor's family with their sweet number three - baby Annabelle!



Nice decorations, wouldn't you say? 




Lots of kitchen helpers!



We didn't do a international banquet this year - just a regular potluck. It was a refreshing change, I must admit. I like trying out all the new foods, but it was good to just do a regular potluck this time around.


Sisters, sisters...



Nick and Lydia...


The Hursts, ministering to Hispanic America.


The Talbots, missionaries to Norway.


The Murdoch family, church planters. 


Of course, Brother Snyder, president of BIMI.


Someone enjoyed holding the baby...


Trying not to be jealous. Can I just say I love babies?

It was a really good missionary conference. Maybe one of the best we've had. I learned so much and really felt stretched in my walk with the Lord. And we got some more reports on the Fiji Bible Project, which was wonderful. The hard part is when it is all over and you have to say goodbye to the wonderful people you've grown to know and love during the conference. 

I'll leave you with a verse that really meant a lot to me during the conference. This was about God and about supporting His laborers. Nothing of it was about ourselves, but about Him and fulfilling the great commission. And, when you truly love the Lord, speaking about Him flows so naturally from you that you can't help it.

For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
~1 Corinthians 9:16~
Share:

8 comments:

  1. This year's conference was definitely one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting everyone. Hope you enjoyed the glimpse into last week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks and sounds like you had a blessed, lovely time. I am glad that things went well in spite of everything happening to hinder it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It was a nice time. :)

      Delete
  4. Looks wonderful! I am so glad you got to take part in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very blessed to serve in the ministry. I am so glad I attend a church where I can. :)

      Delete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.