Tuesday, December 31, 2013

, , , ,

New Developments

Image property of Pinterest.

I had hoped to get photos of all our Christmas happenings uploaded before this, but, Lord willing, that will be my next post. For now, I thought I'd share the new developments stirring around here.

First, I finally started my FB business page. I meant to pretty much all year, but it didn't happen. I don't really like change and it takes me a while to finally accept new marketing ideas (even after all the hours I've spent listening to marketing agents tell me what to do!). But I've got my fan page. Please go ahead and "like" my page and share it all you want. :)

Google+ and my blog are going to still be my personal social media stations. If you want to connect, those are the places to do it! If you want to "like" my business page, please be aware that it is strictly my author platform area. The only activity that will be happening is writing and author updates (which you can view on the sidebar to your right). So not much is changing. 

On a side note.... From what little I've seen, I have to admit that I like Google+ much better. The layout is cleaner feeling and is not so "busy", which is nice for a very active person like me who likes to be able to post an update and go. And I've heard from marketing experts that Google+ is the new hot, meaning more and more people are switching over. I'd definitely recommend that authors get on Google+.

Also, I have a new website that is almost complete. It will center around all of my titles, not just The Comrades of Honor Series. So keep your eye out for that! I'm sweating over the HTML and getting all my RSS feeds working properly, but it's nearly finished.

Additionally, I have some fun ideas possibly in the works for a historical reenactment/talk/book signing sometime in the next few months. Anybody interested in an amusing and educational reenactment on fallacies our culture has created about the Middle Ages?

Until next time, friends!
Share:

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some great and exciting things ahead. :) If you want some company over on FB, feel free to check out my author page: https://www.facebook.com/RachelRossanoRambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your author page looks really nice. It is nice to browse around and get ideas from people who actually know what they are doing with social media! :) I checked out your website too. Keep up the good work.

      Delete
  2. Nice! I'm thinking of setting up a FB soon... but we'll see if it happens. hah!
    I can't wait to see the book signings!! Should be neat. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, it took me nearly two years to do it. :) Dad and I talked about it for months before it actually happened. So I understand! :)

      Delete
  3. What nice new developments! I "liked" your FB author page and was glad to see you on there! It's interesting what you say about Google+ ... I'm certainly glad I'm on there, but as I don't like change, either, I probably would not have gotten on if I hadn't created a Blogger blog. However, I enjoy using it as much as Facebook. It's great to use for my writing connections. : ) I look forward to your new website! Your reenactment sure sounds fun ... do you think you might video it or something??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and how sweet of you! :) I guess it's good to be on both. Google's plan is to take over FB, I hear, but that'll take a while. So I'll use all the marketing tools I can!

      The reenactment is still in the dreaming up. I doubt it, but maybe! :)

      Delete
  4. Obviously, I couldn't do the re-enactment due to being abroad, but misconceptions about the Middle Ages are a favourite subject of mine- to refute that is. Do you want an article or some such?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably couldn't use an article for the reenactment, but I sure could for my newsletter! Would you like to be the featured writer for February? Covering one or two of the most common misconceptions would be a marvelous topic. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, maybe I wouldn't mind that- I could do with getting published. Email me perhaps over what you have in mind

      Delete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.