Monday, November 4, 2013

, , , ,

WIP Revealed!


    Some of you know I have been working my fingers and brain to death these last few months. I haven't officially revealed what my WIP is, although I have mentioned it. Well, here you are. My WIP completely revealed!

Introducing my working title:


From the Dark to the Dawn:
A Tale of Ancient Rome


Hatred. Bitterness. Death.    
   An Iceni slave taken from his homeland.
A hardened Roman master. 


         
Can the dawn of the gospel penetrate their hearts before the darkness of the world enslaves them? Can the message of the gospel turn ashes into beauty?

Two young men. One glorious gospel. Join them in turbulent Rome and experience the rising of a new dawn.


  Lord Willing, Releasing 2014.


"The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined."
~Isaiah 9:2~

I am so thrilled about this book. I have always loved it, but I also feel as if there is a special message the Lord wants me to portray with it. This is not just a story. To me, it is much more. I feel that the issues this book deals with and the tale God has given me it is going to bless my readers far more than just from an entertainment point of view. 

We as a nation are very much like ancient Rome. Only, we have it so much easier. I want to show how the lives of Christians were then and what we can draw from it today. Many of the struggles they faced are ones we deal with today. Maintaining purity, struggling through forms of persecution, temptation to deny Christ or fall into sin, bitterness, and unforgiveness. God led the believers then and He leads today. And I think the stories of true-to-life people in an ancient land can encourage us to be strong, no matter what the cost.

For me, this book is my heart's cry about many things. Among them is God's never-ceasing love, His constant, abiding presence. We are His. And nothing will ever take us from His hands!


Dedicated To:



My sister Lydia Christine and my friend/adopted cousin Joshua Hoppman. 

Thank you both for your help and support! 
Your enthusiasm for From the Dark to the Dawn is appreciated.
Share:

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! I definitely can't wait to read this!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of your WIP Alicia, how did your author signing go at that Starbucks?

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went well, thank you. In my opinion, any exposure is good! :) I did have some sales, interest, and sign-ups for my newsletter. :)

      Delete
    2. That's great! Glad to hear it went well.

      Delete
  4. Yay!! I have been waiting to hear about this. So exciting! May God bless this work and use it to bless others. : )

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.