Monday, September 2, 2013

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Ruidoso Mini-Vacation!

Happy Labor Day!

On Friday, Dad and Nathan headed off on their annual hike. 


We gals (and kiddos) headed off on our own adventure! We typically go to Ruidoso. Personally, I really like the tradition. We always have fun and it is kind of a relaxing, homey-type get-away. Here is a bunch of photos!

In the Car




Fox Cave

Ok, so Fox Cave is not really a cave... It's kind of a store in a rocky hole, as we found out. But...moving on!







The boys did some mining and came away with quite a few treasures!




Yes, Isaac is slightly popular!

Museum of the Wild West

We have been to this museum before, so we only stopped to take a few photos. 





I never quite know what Stephen is thinking!



Some fun portraits of Isaac and Stephen!


Fun Trackers

We have been to Fun Trackers before and really like it! First thing (as it looked like rain), we did the go-carts.




Go Mom and Hannah!





Isaac had fun watching!



And then Isaac got his change to go! Slightly ecstatic, isn't he? ;)




Brave Stephen over on the Turtle Track!


Samuel is mighty good-looking....


Bumper boats!




Get him, Samuel!



Samuel won, methinks! 



Lydia and I had fun on the Pro-Track. 16+. It was awesome. Lydia won, but she had a head start and I had skirt difficulties.... ;) I had to slow down to attempt to fix the awkward problem. Nothing like going 40 miles an hour with a skirt in your face.


And then Mom and I went. Let's just say, ahem... I may or may not have won.




Lydia, Sarah, and Stephen had fun over at the human maze! It was fun to watch them from the observation deck. 


More fun photos of Samuel. 


Samuel took this photo of me. I think he is going to be a photographer!

Flying J Ranch



I had fun taking these photos of my cowgirl sisters. Aren't they lovely? It was about to rain, so the lighting was so soft and romantic. 







Desperado Steve!



Shopping is always fun!



The shooting range was fun for the kiddos! The shooting cowboy (or whatever they call him) was very considerate and helpful. I don't know that Stephen ever hit the target, but hey. He got plenty of encouragement!


Watching the shoot-out!


Samuel hit the bull's-eye several times!


Preacher Stephen in the little church and Sarah peeping in the window!




My camera always seems to focus on Isaac....


Our little Indians!



"Now, ladies and gentlemen, observe these artifacts!"


Sharp Claw Steve.


My little brave!





Some people had way too much fun ropin' the cattle!




The kiddos went to deputy-training school with the sheriff!



Two brother deputies!




Isaac felt left out and wanted to shoot. 


He got a whole bunch of assistance!!!



Um, no, I don't believe he hit the target. But he had fun!


The shoot-out! Applause for the sheriff!


And the bad guys amble into town!


They actually changed it up a little bit this year. It still cracks me up, no matter how many times I've seen it.





The sheriff got the wrong person!


Chowin' down!


I ate WAY too much! Melt-in-your-mouth brisket, cake, the best beans you'll ever eat, a potato, chunky cold applesauce, and cowboy coffee. 



What a big plate of food for a little gal!




The atmosphere of Flying J is very home-like and friendly. The show was very fun and, as usual, the comedy act cracked me up. If you ever get a chance to go, be sure to!

How has your weekend been?
Share:

7 comments:

  1. That looks like lots of fun! Did you stay overnight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we drove back. We got in almost at midnight.

      Delete
  2. Oh thank you for the pictures! They are great and it most definitely looks like you had a blast! I laughed out loud at the word picture of the skirt problems. Ha! Thank you!
    Did any of the guys get pix of their adventure?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun!! We'll have to go there sometime... :) (although we basically live the whole ranch thing, it is still quite fun to do these things!). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would like it! We were talking about ya'll in the car and saying we want to take you sometime!

      Delete
  4. How cool!! Your family sure knows how to have fun. : )

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.