Monday, September 16, 2013

, , , ,

Autumn's Arrival!

We have officially entered fall! No, the calendar doesn't say so, but Starbucks released their delightful pumpkin spice lattes. That makes it fall.

Autumn is my favorite season. I just love it! Everything about it is simply....glorious. I thought I would share a few things to enhance your fall season!

I think this fun song from Sight and Sounds Theater will put you in the mood for the harvest. Taken from Abraham and Sarah, this tune focuses on praising God for His bounty. Enjoy! If receiving this post by email, click on website link at the bottom to view post and movies online. 

video

And here is something quite humorous centering around fall! The Jostie Flicks "Same Here"!


Pumpkin Coffee Creamer
It would not be fall without pumpkin coffee! (Courtesy of Pinterest)


  1. 1 cup milk or half and half. 
  2. 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  3. 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
  4. 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  5. 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  6. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. 
Or, even easier - a Pumpkin Spice Latte! Courtesy of Pinterest.

Fall Fashions
I love fall attire! Scarves, boots, and sweaters! Here are some ideas to help you sort out your wardrobe and get into autumn fashion (Christian fashion, that is!)

 

Nice color combinations, aren't they? Unfortunately, I can't wear heels, but maybe you can!

Fall Crafts!
Don't the cooler breezes put you in the mood for some crafts?! I don't know when I'll make the time to do some of these, but maybe you can squeeze one of them in. 


Pumpkins and candles with beans glued to them! I like the rustic charm of this craft!


Styrofoam balls, hot glue, and artificial flowers. Beautiful! 

Home Decor:
Here are a few ideas for home decoration! 

 

 

Hearty Cooking:
There is nothing better than hearty cooking during the crisp autumn days! From steaming coffee in the morning to rich stew in the evenings, fall is a time for comfort foods! Click on the links for the recipes.

 




Last, But Not Least...


The best coffees for autumn! Check them out!

*Images not my own*

Do you have any ideas for fall?
Share:

13 comments:

  1. Ooooh, this is so nice. Really getting me in the mood for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys might like the taco soup recipe. It is SO good! :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, I am ready for Fall! I try not to jump in too soon but all this rain really brings me into the mood. :-) Fun post, Alicia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's hard to fight the autumn impulses when it is so wet. It was in the 40s here this morning.

      Delete
  3. This is great, Alicia! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love,love Autumn! This post has got me brewing (ha ha!) with many creative ideas! Thank you so much for this post! I may just have to get that burlap now!!!(and some ribbon, and some twigs, and some wooden boxes, and...OH! I guess I better stick with the budget too!) Rain, breezes, coffee aromas. hot chocolate, candles, roasting meat, soups, crusty bread, apple pie, caramel, ooo! Yep! I AM in the mood! Crunchy leaves while walking in the woods, burning wood fires, crisp cool air, oops, there I go again! I am on a roll.:-) Did I say I like fall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you like fall! Don't forget the scarves and boots! :) They are so important. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh yeah, and the pumpkins and apples, and the crock pot with stew, and ahem....Yep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autumn is my favorite time of the year. I love our annual fall outing and watching the leaves turn. I love the clothes you found. You will have to share with me how to purchase them for a young beautiful lady I know who has a birthday in the fall. :) Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh! How fun! I have the links all on Pinterest. Click on the image, it will take you to Polyvore, and then a list of websites for each item will be at the side. http://www.pinterest.com/medievalalicia/fashion/ :)

      Delete
  7. Don't forget about the Starbucks pumpkin bread!!!!! Fall isn't fall without that! Actually, I think you can get that all year long, but that doesn't matter, it's still an essential to my fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had it! I will have to look for a copycat recipe. :) Yes, I do believe we all have our own special essentials. :)

      Delete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.