Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hidden River Cave

We visited three caves on our journey through eleven states. Personally, I didn't really care for Mammoth Cave. It is the biggest cave in the world and also the most boring. :) Plus, they talked about nothing but evolution the whole time. (And all of the "facts" they stated were so easily refutable I almost couldn't keep silent.) So I'll skip a post about that and move on to the cave I really did like. 

We went on a boat ride in Hidden River Cave, and that was fun! I liked the stories about Billy the Kid, the Civil War, and the Blue Holes, and the boat ride itself was quite enjoyable. Best of all, they didn't mention evolution once. And everything was so GREEN! (Ok, so that word is starting to sound overused.)







The beautiful, legendary blue holes, featured (under misguided suppositions) in Ripley's Believe It or Not.


Can I get everybody to say BEAUTIFUL?!



A brave wee laddie, preparing to board the boat!






Some say Billy the Kid hid in here and escaped down the water fall.





Inside the cave, from the boat.




Look at the rising mist!



This is mid afternoon. The mist and constant rain make it look much later.





Is it green or is it green?



Looking down at the Hidden River.


They had a cute playground. I really liked it (not for me, for the kiddos!) and it was very educational too.



In a fox hole!




Everyone took a turn practicing! Lydia played Carol of the Bells, which was fun.


Having fun in a play house!



That's the last of Hidden River Cave. It was really a fun experience. If you get the chance, check it out! 

Oh, and if you want to watch this 1 minute clip of the cave and the surrounding area, watch below! If you have not already noticed, I manage to say "gorgeous" at least once during every movie I've posted of our trip. :)

Share:

13 comments:

  1. Was it just absolutely gorgeous? hehe How about instead of green, you say verdant? Lush? Foliate? Flourishing? Leafy??? :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear, I really must expand my vocabulary! I think I was in some kind of green trance. I was overcome by actually seeing the color all around me I couldn't think.... ;)

      Delete
  2. Looks like fun!!! =D Yup, but that word sure does describe it well! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Alicia! This is beautiful, especially as most of the 'green' I see is at your blog... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, over here in NM, the most green I often see is from my travels too! :)

      Delete
  4. BEAUTIFUL! What state was this in? It's great to get recommendations of places to visit. :) Wow ... it looks like something from another time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, now I have to go there!!!! GREEN yes! The verdure is absolutely luxurious and spectacular!!!! I wish....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alicia,

    My name is Bekah, and I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed "God of Her Father's." It's so encouraging to read books that glorify God! I rated your book with 5 stars.

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Bekah - So nice to meet you! I am so glad you liked God of Her Fathers. That is such an encouragement to me. And thank you for joining my blog!

      You say you rated it? How sweet of you! If you did so on Amazon, I am having review problems at the moment. Just a quick FYI so your kind gesture does not go unposted. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for letting me know Alicia!

      I'm sorry you're having trouble with your reviews. I'm sure that is a pain to have to deal with. I'm praying that it will be quickly resolved.

      His Princess,
      Bekah

      Delete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.