Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Reviews, Praise, and Launch Team!

Look what I got in the mail today...




Don't they look spectacular together!?

I have to say first of all that God gets all of the credit for In Search of Adventure. I could never be a published author without His help!

Please enjoy this beautiful choral arrangement of Alpha and Omega from Sight and Sound Theaters (The Creation). It is so beautiful (listen all the way through!). I honestly think this is what heaven sounds like and is in some way my tribute to Him.


If you follow by email, click on the link below to access my actual site. Then you can watch the video.

Shortly before releasing my book to the public, I set up a (wonderful) Launch Team to read and review my book. They were under no obligation to give a positive review and were entirely free to rate and review the book as they pleased. 

Here is what they are saying!

Joshua Hoppman
Miss Alicia Willis has once again created a sweeping and epic tale of heroism, courage, and chivalry in the medieval ages. It's written in the style of classical works such as G.A Henty and Howard Pyle and pays homage to the period by it's historical accuracy. I recommend this book to 12 year olds and up, literary and history buffs, or to a reader who is In Search of Adventure.

Aaron Waite
Do you like a good story? Do you like tales of knights? Well, have I got a story for you! There’s this new book coming out by this really cool author that’s all that and more. The book, In Search of Adventure, is a totally cool, historically based story about knights in the middle ages. It’s a tale of Adventure, courage, friendship and honor. Not to mention there’s romance where you’d least expect it. There’s no shortage of sword fights, suspense and chivalry. For you parents, this is truly a story you can feel good letting you kids read.

As for the drab details, this book is... well, a lot of things. It is well written and accurate. You can really tell the author put a lot of care and time into this work. It’s evident as you read through this book that it’s well researched and historically accurate. It’s a very gripping story and hard to put down. You can relate to the characters and are very easily drawn in. Lastly, but just as important, this book can totally make you smarter. I’m not kidding! The conversational parts are written in an understandable oldER English fashion. This benefits you in two ways. If you apply the vocabulary, people will start to think you’re really smart. You’ll be able to hang out with an entirely different class of people. Not to mention, It makes you more understanding. When you meet people from other countries you'll be able to get along with them better!

You must read this story! I mean come on, who doesn't like a good story. As far as historical fiction books go, this is a great one. After all, it was a finalist in the LifeWay manuscript contest.

Sarah Holman
Age Appropriate For: All Ages
Best for Ages: 12 and up

I tend to make a bad habit of underestimating certain authors. I don’t think I will ever underestimate Alicia Willis again. When she asked me to review her upcoming book, I agreed, having loved her last book. To Birmingham Castle had been so good that I thought In Search of Adventure couldn’t possibly be as good. I also thought it was likely some events would be reminiscent of the last book. Was I ever surprised!

In Search of Adventure was even better than To Birmingham Castle: A Tale of Friendship and Adventure. Both stories were set in the same time period, had some of the same characters, and were full of adventure and good morals. That is where the similarities end. Nothing felt repetitive, or old. It kept me tuning pages until the last one, and left me eager for the next book.

Not only were the events different, but the characters themselves were different. Alicia does an amazing job of giving each character their own personality. Nathaniel is strong and kind, but can be too easily angered or annoyed. Kenneth is faithful and compassionate, yet sometimes says the wrong things or shows a lack of respect. Each character was well developed in such a way readers will feel like they are friends.

Historically, Alicia’s books are some of the best researched I have ever read. Indeed, my own upcoming historical fiction looks very poor in comparison. Not only does she write in a language that feels period correct, she puts historical details seamlessly into her story. I have only read two or three other authors that come close to Alicia’s level of research.

I have to say one of the most refreshing parts of the book was the romance. Especially girls are bad about dreaming about the perfect romance and then writing every romance that way. Oh, they change a few things, but really it is the same thing over and over. Whereas in To Birmingham Castle the romance develops slowly over time, in In Search of Adventure it proceeds much quicker.
I highly recommend this book to those who like books set in the Middle Ages, adventure, high moral standards, and well researched stories.

I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. I was under no obligation to write a positive review. The opinions in this review are entirely my own.

Reviews by other members of my Launch Team* are on Goodreads and all major retailers. View some of them on Amazon!



Thank you all for your wonderful support! And thank you Launch Team for all of your help and assistance!

*The members of my Launch Team were under no obligation to write positive reviews. Their opinions and statements were entirely their own.
Share:

8 comments:

  1. So exciting! They do look awesome together. Loved the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'm so excited and happy for ya, my friend! They look really good next to each other!!! :) I definitely like how you're keeping a bit of a theme with the cover design. A very good idea, methinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am overjoyed for you and for me!!!! Tee hee. Yes!!!! They look amazing together. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!! Keep using your talents for His glory Alicia! Rejoicing with you m'dear!!!!HAve a wonderful day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! How lovely and exciting! Yes the books look so great and tempting to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Alicia!!!!!! They do look awesome together, and after reading the reviews, these are both on the next Amazon order! As soon as I can get another Amazon order, that is. ;o ) Congratulations, and God bless! :o )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alicia, you did an amazing job with the book. You kept me on edge, waiting for everyone to arrive safely to the castle. God has blessed you with the talent of writing, may you always use it for His glory. Tons of love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sarah - Thank you so much!
      @Sarah H. - Thanks! I am really happy with my PSA and Design Team right now. They did a great job! :)
      @Aunt Lydia - Thank you! I can't wait to get your review on it!
      @Rebekah - Thanks for commenting! Yes, it is exciting. :)
      @Ysa - How nice! I hope you will enjoy them!
      @Mom - Thanks for commenting. I am so glad you enjoyed the story. :) Lots of Love!

      Delete
  7. I'm so happy for you, Alicia! Can't wait to read the book all the way through. Love you so much, talented sister. =)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.