Friday, July 12, 2013

Missouri | Titantic and Dixie Stampede!

Tonight is our Hymn's For Him concert. Please pray all goes well! And better still, why not join us?

Branson, Missouri is one of the prettiest places I've ever been to in my life! And it's so family-friendly, hospitable, and welcoming there. I think I could have stayed forever!

The first thing we did in Branson is visit the Titantic Museum. Unfortunately, no photography was allowed inside. Still, I got some fun shots of outside!








Our family in front of the Grand Staircase.


In front of an iceberg!

All the workers were in costume and had the coolest accents. I sent a friend the postcard above! You got to touch an iceberg, plunge your hand into the iciness of the Atlantic waters (and see how long you could last! I think I lasted 15 seconds.), walk the sloping decks at different angles, go out onto the frigid deck, and climb the Grand Staircase. I loved seeing the 2nd class berths and all the amazing artifacts. 

I think Stephen's favorite part was shoveling coal into the engines and watching the fire roar!

That evening, we attended the Dixie Stampeded! One again, photography was not allowed inside. I was so disappointed. The show was spectacular. Here are some photos from the stables and exterior. 











These girls get paid to do nothing but stand around and look cute. What a great job!





Those are the end of my photos, but here are some I found online of the actual show!


We sat on the Southern end of the arena! It was great! 

 


Yes, you really do get into the action! Our side won because of our Southern loyalty and quick flag-passing-jump-up! By the way, the term Dixie Stampede is something you really do. Your hands are full of chicken and other goodies (no forks allowed!), so you stomp you feet in a rousing stampede!

I think my favorite part was the Hilly-Billy (and his antics!) and the pioneer wagon/camp. The have buffalo and cows chased in, pioneers in their wagons roll in, and they set an wagon-train camp complete with a cute square dance and fun audience interaction. 

Of course, when they have ostrich racing, Indians, buffalo, wagons, beautiful Southern belles, Civil War officers, loggers, and logging competitions, it's hard to pick a favorite! It was all fabulous!

Share:

5 comments:

  1. Fun pictures, Alicia! Looks like you guys had a great time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful that God made it possible for us to go. I love every minute that we get to have you with us, Alicia.:) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would that be the Dolly Parton Dixie Stampede? If so I've been to it several years back when on holiday in Florida.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.