Monday, June 24, 2013

Cover Revealed


Alrighty everyone.... I've officially signed off on my cover galley! This is the best image I have due to copyright/publisher technicalities. The wording is hard to read, but at least you have the general idea.

Whatcha think? I'm totally thrilled with my PSA (the man who oversees my production and Design Team) right now. He oversaw the production of To Birmingham Castle as well.


Lord willing, the book will release to retailers in about 2-3 weeks. It depends on how long it takes for the printer to set up.

Want to pre-order? Email me at writerforhisglory@yahoo.com for more details!

Also, you can view the official teaser below!


I am in the most stressful stage of publishing. It is also the final stage involving me. I am making my final round of revisions before signing off. 

Like my publishing consultant Mark says, writers will keep on correcting their books forever if publishers let them. It's true. I would keep on editing and rewording and fixing forever if I could. But that doesn't get a book published. And it doesn't get the story God called me to write into the hands of readers.

So please pray I get through this final stage successfully. :) It is one of the parts I hate about being an author (no, writing is NOT all fun and games!). But you can't get something good without enduring some little bumps too. Thanks for your support!
Share:

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE it Alicia! It will be so worth all the effort, hard work and time you put into your book in the end! Can't wait!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aunt Lydia! I know it will be worth it, but it is a bit of a struggle getting there! :)

      Delete
  2. Ohh purdy cover! Love the castle image at the top. If the amount of time I spend on blog posts (generally on my other blog medievalreader.wordpress.com or articles is anything to go by, I think I can relate to what you say about editing and wanting to get things right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I like the castle a lot. I know. I've checked out your blog and you do a lot of work!

      Delete
  3. It looks amazing! I love the teaser and can't wait for my copy to come in!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will probably be among the first to come in! First my copy, then the first-off-the-press copies. :)

      Delete
  4. I came in late on this one... but it looks awesome!! I love how it still flows with the theme of the first one (with the black part up top and whatnot). I think it looks so cool!!!! I can't wait to see it in published form! =D So excited for ya, my friend!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Yeah, I want all three books to flow with each other. Thanks for the enthusiasm!

      Delete
  5. Little Miss Blue EyesJune 25, 2013 at 12:13 AM

    Awesome Alicia! I can't wait to read it! Looks and sounds very interesting and full of excitement! Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right - you haven't read it yet! I think you will like it. :)

      Delete
  6. *gasp*!!! This looks so awesome Alicia!!!!! My sis Moriah (who was reading over my shoulder a second ago) said to tell you that the cover looks amazing, and she wants to read the book already...even though she doesn't know what it's about! Praying for you and your work on this book!!! God bless!

    P. S. sorry for all the exclamation points, that's just how this came out. Nothing else would quite fit the excitement......... ;o )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am glad you both like it. I know what you mean. I am rather fond of exclamation points myself!

      It may interest your sister to know that one of my current writing projects contains a Moriah. :) Same spelling. :)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! I couldn't help liking it anyway. ;o ) I can tell you like exclamation points! lol :o P It's good to know that I'm not entirely unique though.

      I had her read this and she said "Neat! Neat-o! That's cool!" or something like that. I think that's pretty funny too, because we have a 'current writing project' (one of 5ish) that contains a Moriah, named after her and Moriah is the main character. ;o ) Did you know that the name Moriah is Hebrew and means 'God is my teacher'?

      Delete
    3. How intriguing about your writing project. Yes, I did know that. In my project, Moriah's name holds a special reminder of her homeland - Holy Jerusalem. :) But that's a tale for another time!

      Delete
  7. This cover is perfect -- sooo dynamic and exciting, and yet atmospheric. I like it and the cover of your first book so much!
    Your statement about editing is really true -- I know I need the reminder: "But that doesn't get a book published. And it doesn't get the story God called me to write into the hands of readers."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like it! Praise God - I have a good team. :) I hope your writing goes well also. :)

      Delete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.