Thursday, April 4, 2013

Espresso in a Frappuccino World

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for bouts of depression, excessive coffee intake, and burst frappuccino bubbles. Read this post at your own risk.


I strode determinedly into my local Starbucks, intent upon one thing: the Java Chip Frappuccino. I had been told by scores of people that it was amazing - a pure delight to the very soul.

So I purchased it! I wasn't holding back - I ordered the Venti-sized drink and made my way to the nearest table to savor its rich, dark-roasted goodness.

Wrong. One sip, and I realized the earth-shattering truth. It was a bunch of fluff. No substance, no power, no coffee flavor! I sipped it again, my confusion mounting. How could this be? This was supposed to be coffee!

When I finally finished that huge mixture of coffee-less milk and sugar, I made one final resolve. I wasn't going to be a fluff-drinker. I was a dark-roasted, strong, aromatic espresso-blend drinker. No luke-warm, half-way, riding-the-fence sort of coffee for me. I left Starbucks, new resolve governing my steps...


"Ye are the light of the world". In other words, be the espresso in a frappuccino world. Stand out - be strong - be powerful. Make a difference - inspire others - be bold. Let your aroma be pleasing to the Lord and to others. 

Don't be a half-way, luke-warm, riding-the-fence sort of Christian. Be espresso.


Claimer:
New resolve, emboldened Christians, and the aroma of espresso.
Share:

12 comments:

  1. You are such a good writer Alicia and this one is hysterical, and true, BTW!!!!
    Love you!
    AUnt Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! Okay- BOLD. STRONG. POWERFUL. SMELLY... I mean... aromatic. Got it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smelly? SMELLY?! Aromatic is by far the better word. :) Off to finish my Via Myriam Dark Roast coffee....

      Delete
  3. What?!! The Java Chip Frappuchino is one of the few 'coffees' I enjoy! I'm afraid I just don't get the taste of dirt in espresso. Cream...sugar....voila!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... I just happen to like that Java chip frapp!!! So, I take offense.. ;) Just kidding. Seriously, though, it was a pretty good comparison. Good post. :)

    Now I'm off to go sip on my frapp.... ;) hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lydia - Dirt? Wow.

      @Sarah - I knew I would bring you under conviction... Just kidding - sort of! You frappuccino people. :)

      Delete
    2. Does this really come from the frappe drinker?! :) You amaze me...

      Delete
    3. I was replying to *ahem* Sarah's comment. Sorry to disappoint.

      Delete
  5. Well, I think it all tastes bad :) But I love the comparison of not being lukewarm. Taste and see that the Lord is good. Love Ya Lots.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.