Thursday, March 14, 2013

In Search of Adventure

Well, folks, methinks I have a bit of good news to share! As some of you know, I entered The Comrades of Honor Series #2 ( In Search of Adventure) into a nation-wide contest hosted by the B&H Publishing Group and LifeWay Christian Resources. 

Long story short (and praise God), I came in the top thirty manuscripts and made it through the first round of judging! According to my publishing consultant, Mark, there were over three hundred manuscripts entered and getting in the top thirty was pretty much an impossibility. 

I did not make it to the final round, but, as my consultant says, winning the contest wasn't actually about the quality or popularity of the book with the judges. In fact, he said it could have been one of the more popular novels, but may have been too long (or something similar) to be a nation-wide winner. Either way, this is very good publicity!!!

I am excited about where God took my novel. I had no real idea of winning when I entered. I only seemed to feel God telling me to do so. Being in the top thirty has greatly encouraged and blessed me, particularly when faced with the immense odds of getting there. 

With all that said, I wanted to introduce one of the photos I will most likely be submitting to my Design Team when the time comes to publish (Lord willing, in the next 2-4 months). What think ye?!


I need a second photo. That is where I need your help!!!

Do you know of a good castle or landscape (one that gives the feeling of adventure/travel) photo? Or, for that matter, what sort of a photo would you like to see? A sword? A maiden? A dark, bad castle? A good castle? Let me know!!!

Please comment with your thoughts. Additionally, you can vote for your preference!

Thank you!
Share:

9 comments:

  1. That's very exciting, Alicia! I like the photo. :-)

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know a beautiful castle you may want to use! I just discovered it recently while browsing online. It is called Castelul Cantacuzino, in Romania. Look it up. It's beautiful- not very big, but it has a nice style! Congrats on the results of the contest!

    Images I found of maidens which look professional and nice are these:
    http://fairycastle.tumblr.com/post/13143508789

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-h6X94ZS1lgY/T2z3X6kCi-I/AAAAAAAABA0/zmwTJvfgtys/s1600/redhaired-medieval-princess-with-horse-pretty.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check out these links! Fortunately, I have a while yet before I have to make up my mind! :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Alicia! That is sooo exciting! What a blessing. The photo you have is great. I don't know of any other photos offhand, but if I find any I'll let you know. (I think I'll go check out Rebekah's links, too!) :)
    - Kelsey Bryant

    ReplyDelete
  4. This photo is awesome! I think the guy looks cool too, regardless of the beard. I'll let you know if I find any cool photos. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so proud of you! I love the photo above- I don't know of any castle photos though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Elinor - Thank you! Do you let me know if you find any!

      @Lydia - Well, Sir Nathaniel was slightly unshaven, so I had to find a knight with some form of a goatee. :)

      @Maellen - Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I was surprised about the beard with all the discussions I heard going on. (thankfully it isn't green):):):) Actually, the photo is great! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little Miss Blue EyesMarch 19, 2013 at 5:37 PM

    I love the photo! He looks pretty cool. I LOVE the horse he's next to!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.