Saturday, January 19, 2013

Coffee: Nectar From Heaven

It has come to my attention that not all people are coffee connoisseurs! (Sad fact, but, inevitably true.) So, for those of you who would like a more balanced approach to the purchasing of great coffee, this post is for you! 

First off, let me dispel the myth about Folgers. Their coffee is rather cheap. It works in a pinch, but it actually is not high-class coffee. In fact, Folgers has developed the reputation of being for men. (Sorry, but most guys don't care as much as gals! To most of them, it's all the same - coffee. Sorry to any male coffee connoisseurs reading this post!) It's not bad - just not high-class.
Rating: 2 Stars

 

Moving right along here, let's focus on some really great coffees!

Starbucks Via Brew
Awesome flavor, this combination of instant and micro-ground coffee is perfect for people who believe in "never being without great coffee"! It's especially great for people who don't drink coffee, but want to have some on hand for guests. I especially recommend the Italian Extra Bold Roast
Rating: 4 Stars


Sam's Choice Hazelnut
This flavored coffee is a good every-day beverage. Although it has aftertaste, the creamy, nutty flavor of hazelnut make it a good dessert coffee. 
Rating: 4 Stars



Seattle's Best Coffee Dark Roast: Level Five
This coffee is absolutely amazing! I just discovered it and it's wonderful! Dark and flavorful, it contains literally no after-taste or bitter hints! Roasty aroma and dark flavor. Casual family or company beverage.
  Rating: 5 Stars


Starbucks Komodo Dragon Blend
The first time I had this blend, I could not believe how awesome it was! It's dark, but exceptionally smooth. The texture is as smooth as water with no aftertaste or bitterness. Perfect company or party blend! Cedary flavor.
Rating: 5 Stars


Starbucks Dark Espresso Roast
This espresso is very rich. Though not as flavorful as the aforementioned roasts, it is smooth almost to the point of creaminess. Caramel notes round out the almost-French Roast flavor. Perfect for a more formal dinner party or romantic date.
Rating: 5 Stars



Just remember.....
Here's to your perfect mug of coffee!

Note: I am a fan of dark roast coffees. If anyone has any suggestions of light or blonde coffees, feel free to recommend them!

Additionally, all of these brands may be found in your local Wal-Mart or Smiths.
Share:

8 comments:

  1. Hehe! This is definitely your kind of post, Alicia! ;)
    for Christmas I got some Starbucks Mocha Mint Cocoa packets. They were SO good! I want to try their instant brew stuff, though. It sure would be handy to have around for a quick cup. Although, I've actually gotten to where I just don't drink coffee much any more *ducks to avoid being hit*. Yes, yes, I know. ;) However, a Mint/Mocha chip Frappe from Starbucks is always welcome... ;) hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have a schedule for posts on Monday and Thursdays, but I couldn't resist doing an extra one today! :)

      I am totally shocked right now. Not only do you not drink it much any more, but you go for that watered down stuff?! :) Shocking it is, just shocking. :)

      Delete
  2. I suppose this is foreign to me as I rarely drink coffee. Sounds pretty fancy though - you really know your stuff, Alicia! Maybe one day I'll understand the coffee language. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, are all these coffees listed "instant", meaning you don't need a coffee pot or press? Can I just pour boiling water over a spoonful in a pretty mug, and instantaneously become a hip and classy hostess for my guests?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, no they are not! The only instant one is the Via Brew. :) However, you can get a decent French press by Black and Decker from Walmart for only $9.99! :) Oh, and by the way, you are a classy hostess anyway! :)

      Delete
  4. Meh, coffee is all the same.


    Signed,

    A Proud Male Coffee Non-Connoiseur.


    =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Well, if that is how you feel about it! :) Go drink a cup of Folgers. I'm on my way for some Starbucks! :)

      Delete
    2. I actually don't drink coffee at all. I'm hyperactive enough without caffeine.

      Delete

Please leave me your comments! I read every one of them! May God bless your day.